Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I Wish I Could See A Day Through Her Eyes

Katie has had more evaluations in the last six months than I can count. I think she has seen more than a dozen different therapists. 
The last evaluation was a speech evaluation and it was really interesting to watch Katie. We began to realize through the evaluation that she was having trouble visually processing the pictures. I just wish I could see through her eyes, I wish I could literally (and figuratively) see what she sees. How is her vision, how does the nystagmus (her eye shaking) affect her vision, does she have voids in her vision, does focusing on books give her headaches or is it hard or require so much effort it exhausts her eyes. I just wish I knew. But I am thankful! I am thankful!

I am amazed by Katie's fortitude and perseverance! She learns more each day! She has not let only one good working hand slow her down or deter her from her goals! She is amazing, she is determined to dress her self. Try putting your pants and underwear on with one hand. She will open her left hand with her right to hold a slinky or hold on a swing or eat snacks. She is so sweet, beautiful, amazing, and wonderful! Katie is simply stated a joyful gift from God! 

Tomorrow we meet with her neurologist to discuss her MRI results. Please pray with me for Katie! Thank God for the small movement in her left thumb and pointer finger! Thank you for her struggles that have made her so strong! Katie will do great things because before the age of three she has impacted hundreds of people! Pray for her vision and vision processing. Pray for her left hand! Pray for no more seizures! Pray for MRI results! Pray for her transition to the school district and my reluctance to separation. It all hurts my heart, but God is taking care of her though I can't always be there. Thank you! I am thankful for her, all that has happened to her, you, and her doctors, nurses and therapists! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment