Sunday, March 24, 2013

Prayers for Katie

Katie is doing great!! I thank God everyday!!
We saw her neurologist Dr. Gurbani on Friday and overall good appointment. But some prayer requests are-
*For seizure activity to STOP. He believes she is still having small, shallow absent seizures.
*No side effects to medication increase. Last time for over a week after her medication increase she was excessively moody and clumsy.
*Healing for her brain. He said that although she is physically 3 years old mentally Katie is 2 years old. She may be in her 2s for another year or two (possibly more). Her brain damage affects her behavior, complete potty training, learning capacity, speech and even singing. Give thanks for who she is and her progress while continuing to pray for healing.
*So specifically Katie's speech is great overall, but her brain has difficulty processing which leads to choppy sentences, incorrect grammar and sentence structure and slow sentence formation. But don't get me wrong for a moment that I don't count my blessings. Last year she couldn't talk with me or share with me. Now she is telling me her favorite part of her trip to Knott's was riding on the horsey with Daddy. And at Disneyland she ASKED to go on the Carousel. Huge steps!! I am thankful, if her progress stopped today I would be at peace, but I KNOW that God has great things in store for Katie. He will use her speech and personality to glorify Him!
*Too much information for some, but pray for complete potty training. It has been a long year of Katie wanting to be potty trained, but still number two is inconsistent in getting it where it should go.
*Lastly pray for compliance overall.
It would be overall more beneficial for Katie (and everyone) if she would cooperate in school and therapy. Also, mom would be able to retain some more sanity.
Katie will be starting school three days a week this week with her existing 3 Occupational therapies a week and 3 Physical therapies a month. In May Katie will have 4 Doctors appointments. So just continue to pray! Thank you! I appreciate each and every prayer!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment