Thursday, May 13, 2010

Eye Doctor Report





On Wednesday I went to see the eye doctor. Dr. Mehta said my eyes are good and healthy. The part of my brain that processes vision seems to be healthy and unaffected by the bleed. The nystagmus is a sign that there is damage along the pathway from eyes to the brain. My vision is also behind, it is more at a newborn level than a three month old level, but the Dr said there is nothing that he can do since nothing is wrong. So, that is great news, but just more waiting. We have to just wait and pray that my vision gets better every day! Please pray for my vision! I do not go back to the Eye Dr. for 6 months unless something gets worse.

My Neurosurgeon said I look good as well! He said my head looks very well shaped! The shunt is working well and is draining a little too much fluid, but he said my brain will compensate and make up the difference. I go back in 3 months to see him for a head measurement.

I am smiling and laughing more often! I am getting stronger each day! My focus is on progress in the right direction, not a typical 3 month old development. I am doing great! Keep praying for my vision, no infections and that the shunt continues to work well!


No comments:

Post a Comment